Last-Minute Tax Filers Have A Chance To Beat The Deadline With Late Post Office Hours
Today is the tax deadline and some Bay Area post offices are prepared for any last-minute filers. The U.S. Postal Service is keeping some offices open later than the normal 5 p.m. closing time today.
Along with later store hours the Postal Service is also helping keep traffic delays down at the Tampa Main Post Office. Due to construction at the Tampa International Airport traffic congestion could be a problem for some last-minute filers so airport authorities will be out directing traffic today.
Furthermore, Postal Service employees will be collecting mail by the Spruce Street exit and in front of the blue collection boxes in the post office parking lot so customers can enjoy a “drive-thru” Postal Service.
Post offices opened later than 5 p.m. today, via WFLA:
- Tampa Main Office on Bessie Coleman Blvd. – Open until 10 p.m.
- Tampa Carrollwood on N Dale Mabry Hwy. – Open until 7 p.m.
- St. Petersburg Main Office on 1st Ave. N – Open until 7 p.m.
- Spring Hill on Philatelic Dr. – Open until 7 p.m.
- Southside Postal Store on S Florida Ave. – Open until 6:30 p.m.
- Tampa Forest Hills on N Florida Ave. – Open until 6 p.m.
- Tampa Hilldale on W Hillsborough Ave. – Open until 6 p.m.
- Tampa Peninsula on S Church Ave. – Open until 6 p.m.
- Tampa Town N Country on Paula Dr. – Open until 6 p.m.
- Tampa Temple Terrace on N 56th St. – Open until 6 p.m.
- Pinellas Park on 78th Ave. N – Open until 6 p.m.
- Winter Haven on W Central Ave. – Open until 6 p.m.
- St. Petersburg Crossroads on 66th St. N – Open until 5:30 p.m.
- St. Petersburg Gateway Mall on 77th Ave. N – Open until 5:30 p.m.
- Largo on 8th Ave. SW – Open until 5:30 p.m.
- New Tampa on Bruce B Downs Blvd. – Open until 5:30 p.m.
- Tampa Commerce on N Ashley Dr. – Open until 5:30 p.m.
- Lakeland on Lakeland Hills Blvd. – Open until 5:30 p.m.