Whether you are celebrating the Fourth of July at home with family or heading to a cookout, these easy to make desserts are sure to be a hit at any celebration.
Firework Poke Cake
Serves 24, Total time: 1 hr
- 1 package (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 bottle (1 ounce) McCormick® Red Food Color
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 6 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Raspberry Extract
- 30 drops Blue McCormick® Assorted NEON! Food Colors & Egg Dye
- 10 drops Purple McCormick® Assorted NEON! Food Colors & Egg Dye
- 3 packages (4-serving size each) white chocolate instant pudding mix Substitutions available
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package Strawberry Pop Rocks® popping candy
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding cocoa powder, red food color and vanilla. Pour batter into greased 13×9-inch baking dish.Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan.
- Poke large holes all over cake using the end of a wooden spoon. After holes are made, mix milk, raspberry extract and neon blue and neon purple food colors in large bowl. Add pudding mix; stir just until mixture begins to thicken.
- Immediately pour pudding over cake, filling the holes. Frost cake with whipped topping. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Sprinkle each serving with Pop Rocks®.
Red, White And Blue Sugar Cookie Pie
Serves 8, Total Time: 1 hr.
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
In large bowl, stir sugar cookie mix, 1/2 cup softened butter, egg and flour until soft dough forms. Stir in M&M’s® and candy sprinkles. Press into pie plate.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 30 minutes.
In medium bowl, beat powdered sugar, 1/2 cup softened butter, the vanilla and 2 tablespoons of the milk with electric mixer on medium speed about 3 minutes or until smooth and creamy. If needed, add remaining 1 tablespoon milk.
Place mixture in decorating bag fitted with star tip. Decorate sugar cookie pie as desired. Cut into slices, and serve.
Serves 12, Total Time: 1 hr
- 1 box (15.25 oz.) white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix
- Red food coloring
- Blue food coloring
- 1 container (12 oz.) white frosting
- Red, white and blue sprinkles, optional
4th of July Rice Krispy Balls
Makes 4-5 dozen
- 6 cups rice krispy cereal
- 3 Tbsp. salted butter
- 40 regular-sized marshmallows
- 16 oz. Candiquik white melting chocolate
- Red, white, and blue sprinkles
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter and marshmallows and heat over medium heat. Stir until there are only a few lumps of marshmallows left and butter is completely melted.
- Add the rice krispies and stir until the krispies are completely coated.
- Roll rice krispies into 1 inch balls and place on wax paper.
- When all the krispies are rolled, melt chocolate according to package directions.
- Dip the krispy treats in the chocolate and place back on the wax paper.
- Before the chocolate hardens all the way, shake some sprinkles on top and then let sit until chocolate is hard.