Two St. Petersburg teenagers are dead after apparently being overcome by exhaust fumes.
It happened at the Country Club Villas at 2175 Corinne Court S overnight.
A 17-year-old and his 14-year-old girlfriend were sitting in a car inside a closed garage talking when they passed out from the fumes.
The boy’s mother found the two unconscious and called for help. She says her son left to pick up his girlfriend at 3:00 p.m. Sunday but was unaware of their return. The garage is separated from the house.
Paramedics pronounced both kids dead.
Authorities do not believe this was a suicide.
After many failed attempts to call the boy’s cell phone several times during evening hours, his mother reported them missing at 11:00 p.m. Sunday.
Police will release the two victims’ names on Monday.