Two Confirmed Dead In Middle School Shooting

reno_2013

At least two people are dead following a school shooting early Monday near Reno, Nevada.

Sparks Middle School was put on lockdown Monday morning after shots were heard shortly after 7 a.m. local time, KVVU-TV reported. Several people were reportedly injured.

Around two hours after the incident first unfolded, police officials confirmed to the Reno Gazette Journal that two people were declared dead, including an unidentified gunman. It is not certain if the second person declared deceased early Monday was a student or not.

Sparks City Manager Shawn Carey told the Journal earlier that day that the alleged shooter died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Renown Regional Hospital spokeswoman Angela Rambo said that two male patients, both minors, were in critical condition at her facility, the Journal reported.

 

Source: KTVN

SHARE
News Talk Florida Staff