A commercial dryer is believed to be the cause of a fire that was discovered in the Hernando County Detention Center’s laundry room.
According to the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office, Hernando Fire and Rescue was dispatched to the scene as soon as the fire was discovered at about 1:26 p.m. Wednesday.
No inmates were injured. One Detention Deputy was transported to a local hospital as a precautionary measure.
Fire rescue is still on scene to make sure that the fire is extinguished. The Detention Center will remain on lockdown until further notice.