Boy Burned After Fall At Campground

Fire_Pit_2013ST. PETERSBURG — A St. Petersburg boy whose family was celebrating his second birthday at a campground suffered burns Sunday morning after falling into a fire pit, authorities said.

The boy, Johnathan Moore, who had turned 2 on Tuesday, was riding a scooter on a patio but lost his balance. He fell into hot coals in the fire pit at the St. Petersburg/Madeira Beach KOA campground, just east of the Pinellas Trail, at 5400 95th St. N, said Cecilia Barreda, a Pinellas County sheriff’s spokeswoman.

He was staying with relatives at the campground to mark his birthday. Detectives said his mother, 32-year-old Tracey Fincher of St. Petersburg, and other relatives pulled him from the pit and called 911. They administered first aid until paramedics arrived.

Source: Tampa Bay Times

SHARE