FL Teen Poisons Dog With Antifreeze

OCALA, Fla. (AP) — A north Florida teen told authorities he poisoned his neighbor’s Jack Russell terrier because he feared it would get into his backyard and attack his guinea fowl.

The Ocala Star-Banner (http://bit.ly/1Mcp1Nw ) reports 19-year-old Noah Luke Maxson told investigators on Sunday that he mixed antifreeze into a boiled egg and fed it to the dog named Tink through the fence using the bottom half of a sports drink bottle. The container was later found in Maxson’s yard.

Maxson was arrested Sunday on a felony animal cruelty charged and was released on $2,000 bond. It’s not clear whether he has an attorney.

The dog’s owner Susan Kay Graham called 911 after tests showed the dog had ingested antifreeze. She told the newspaper the dog suffered for hours before dying Sunday evening.