The Florida Department of Transportation wants to let you know about closures on I-4 in the Lakeland area at the end of March. Signs will direct drivers along detour routes. A detour map with contact information is attached.
- I-4 will close westbound from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday, March 29.
- Regional traffic will leave I-4 westbound at exit 41 and follow the Polk Parkway to I-4 westbound on March 29.
- Tolls westbound on the Polk Parkway will be suspended.
- Local traffic westbound on I-4 to Lakeland will use exit 32/US 98.
- I-4 will close eastbound from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday, March 30.
- Regional traffic will leave I-4 eastbound at exit 27 and follow the Polk Parkway to I-4 eastbound on March 30.
- Tolls eastbound on the Polk Parkway will be suspended.
- Local traffic eastbound on I-4 to Lakeland will use exit 28/US 92.
CSX is making railroad track repairs at the Kathleen Road overpass that require closure of interstate lanes below for safety. FDOT urges all drivers in the area to plan extra travel time during the March 29 – 30 weekend. Motorists are advised to use caution and extend courtesy to other drivers. Please buckle up and pay attention to traffic and detour signs.
Source: Department of Transportation