RIVERVIEW, Fla. (AP) — A carnival celebration at a Tampa suburb school had to be temporarily closed after a leak in a propane tank was discovered.
Hillsborough County Fire Rescue officials say the leak was discovered at the St. Stevens Catholic School event Saturday around 1:30 p.m.
The propane tank was set up to fuel a row of barbecue grills when a plug at the bottom malfunctioned.
The festival was evacuated as the fire department’s hazardous incident team worked to tighten the valve. The leak was stopped.
No injuries or health hazards were reported.
Source: Associated Press