False Report: Arrest made in bombings

Authorities have made one arrest in relation to the Boston Marathon bombings, according to CNN.

Multiple reports had earlier said that authorities had identified one person they believe to be a suspect in the bombings.

The suspect was identified via video surveillance of the areas surrounding the sites of the bombings, according to reports. CNN reported that video from a department store overlooking the second bomb site provided the breakthrough.

Boston police have announced a public briefing Wednesday at 5 p.m.

Law enforcement agencies had earlier pleaded for the public to come forward with photos, videos or any information that might help them solve the twin bombings that killed three people and wounded more than 170 on Monday.

Earlier Wednesday, an official said that investigators had recovered a piece of circuit board that they believe was part of one of the explosive devices, and also found the lid of a pressure cooker that apparently was catapulted onto the roof of a nearby building.

A law enforcement official briefed on the investigation confirmed to The Associated Press that authorities have recovered what they believe are some of the pieces of the explosive devices. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because this person was not authorized to publicly discuss evidence in the ongoing investigation.

A person close to the investigation previously told AP the bombs consisted of explosives put in 1.6-gallon pressure cookers, one with shards of metal and ball bearings, the other with nails.

Source: Associated Press

SHARE
News Talk Florida Staff