The Florida State Fair is now open.
The Fair runs for 12 days starting today, February 9th through Monday, February 20th.
You’ll be able to see animal exhibits, demonstrations, games, concerts and lots and lots of rides.
The midway will open at 9 a.m. and closes at or near 11 p.m. each day.
Tickets and ride armbands are available for sale at all Sweetbay grocery stores around Florida and at the Fair entrance gates.
The admission prices, (which does not include rides) for Saturdays and Sundays are $12 for ages 12 and older and $6 for ages 6 to 11. On Monday through Friday it is $10 for ages 12 and older and $5 for ages 6 to 11.
To ride on the rides, the prices are between $3 and $6 each. Armbands that allow for unlimited rides are available on Feb. 10, 12, 17, 19 and 20.
The Fair also has special discounting days. Some of the special days are:
- $5 after 5 p.m.: admission is $5 after 5 p.m. and ride armbands cost $20. Takes place Feb. 9, 13, 14, 15 & 16
- College Night: students can buy a $20 ride armband with a college ID
- Pepsi Armband Day: bring an empty Diet Mountain Dew can on Feb. 10 and Feb. 20 and get a ride armband for $25
- Midway Power Hour: rides cost just $1 between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. on Feb. 11 and Feb. 18
- Salute to Veterans: Free admission for all after 4 p.m. on Feb. 20
The Florida State Fair Grounds are located at 4800 U.S,. 301 North in Tampa. Take I-4 and exit at 301….or just follow the line of cars! You’ll find it, there will be signs.
For more detailed information click here to go to the official Florida State Fair website.