Investigators say it was a faulty power cord that sparked a morning housefire in Tampa that left a woman and two of her three grandchildren dead.
Authorities say there was no smoke alarm inside the East Paris Street house and there’s evidence that burglar bars on the windows kept the family from getting out alive.
Dead are Sheryl James, 61; Reshard Ashley, 8; and Emjay Jackson, 3.
In critical condition at a local hospital is Romello Jackson, 8.
A firefighter was treated for heat exhaustion while battling the raging flames.