The Trump family play a big role in the RNC
CLEVELAND – Today is day one of the first day of The Republican National Convention 2016, at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland. This convention is a Donald Trump production and on Wednesday night when the roll call vote is taken he will be the party’s nominee for the 2016 Presidential election.
The theme of the convention will be “Make America Safe Again,” and the primetime speakers will feature Willie Robinson, of the star of “Duck Dynasty,” Scott Baio, of “Happy Days, along with former Texas Gov. Rick Perry.
The star of tonight’s prime time lineup will be none other than the presumptive nominee’s wife Melania Trump. In a very rare move Donald Trump will break with tradition by introducing his wife.
“We will not have the traditional wall-to-wall speakers from Washington,” Paul Manafort, campaign chairman for presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump, told reporters here Sunday. “The goal for the Trump campaign for this convention is to help the American people understand more about Donald Trump the man, not just the candidate on the campaign trail.”
Here will be the list of speakers at tonight’s RNC convention: as the main session will begin at 8 p.m. and focus on national security and immigration.
- Willie Robertson, chief executive of Duck Commander and Buck Commander, and star of “Duck Dynasty.”
- Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry
- Scott Baio, actor and television producer best known for his roles in “Happy Days,” “Joanie Loves Chachi,” and “Charles In Charge.”
- Pat Smith, mother of Benghazi victim Sean Smith
- Mark Geist, U.S. Marine Corps veteran, served in Benghazi, Libya
- John Tiegen, U.S. Marine Corps veteran, served in Benghazi
- Kent Terry and Kelly Terry-Willis, whose brother, a Border Patrol agent, was killed under a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives effort to track AK- 47 style rifles being smuggled across the border
- Antonio Sabato, Jr., soap opera actor
- Mary Ann Mendoza, whose son was killed by an unauthorized immigrant driving drunk
- Sabine Durden, whose son was killed by an unauthorized immigrant who was driving without a license and without insurance
- Jamiel Shaw, whose son was killed by an unauthorized immigrant
- House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Michael McCaul (R-Texas)
- Milwaukee Sheriff David Clarke
- Rep. Sean Duffy (R-Wis.), former star of MTV’s “The Real World.”
- Rachel Campos Duffy, spokeswoman for the Libre Initiative, a Hispanic outreach group funded by energy executives Charles and David Koch.
- El Paso County Commissioner Darryl Glenn
- U.S. Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) Karen Vaughn, whose son, a Navy SEAL, was killed in Afghanistan.
- U.S. Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.)
- Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani
- Melania Trump, Trump’s wife
- Retired Army Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn
- U.S. Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa)
- Jason Beardsley, Concerned Veterans for America
- Rep. Ryan Zinke (R-Mont.)