Election Day 2014 is going to shape up to be a huge day for the Republican Party, as they need to gain an extra six seats in the Senate to gain a majority of the Democratic Pary.
Additional seats the GOP has won tonight:
– Shelly Moore Capito is taking a seat in the Senate for the GOP in West Virginia with a win over Democrat Natalie Tennant.
– Republicans have captured the Arkansas Senate race, as Tom Cotton defeated two-term Democratic Senator Mark Pryor.
– Republican Mike Rounds won a Democratic-held Senate seat in South Dakota, winning a four-way race to replace Democratic Senator Tim Johnson.
– Republican Steve Daines won in Montana in the race for the Senate seat held by Democrat John Walsh.
– Republican Cory Gardner defeated incumbent Democrat Mark Udall in Colorado.
All Republican Party winners in the Senate:
– Republican Senator Jeff Sessions wins unopposed re-election.
– Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has been re-elected to his Senate seat for a sixth term. McConnell defeated Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes in an election that he called a referendum on President Barack Obama.
– Republican Susan Collins won a fourth Senate term, defeating Democrat Shenna Bellows.
– Mississippi Republican Thad Cochran won a seventh Senate term after defeating Demcorat Travis Childers.
– Republican Ben Sasse wins Senate race in Nebraska over Democrat
– Republican John Kasich won the governor race in Ohio, defeating Democrat Edward FitzGerald.
– Republican Senator Jim Inhofe was re-elected, while Republican James Lankford won the election to replace Republican Senator Tom Coburn, who is resigning.
– Two senators have retained their seats, as Lindsey Graham won a third term over Democrat Brad Hutto and Tim Scott will finish the final two years of the senate term of Jim DeMint.
– Republican Lamar Alexander won a third-term in Tennessee after defeating Democrat Gordon Ball.
– Shelley Moore Capito is moving up to the Senate after defeating Democrat Natalie Tennant in the race to replace retiring Democratic Senator Jay Rockefeller. Capito has served in the House since 2001.
– Republican Mike Enzi wins Senate race over opposing Democrat Charlie Hardy.
Other Republican Party Victories:
– 71-year-old Republican Robert Bentley has been re-elected governor of Alabama, defeating his Democratic challenger, Parker Griffith.
– Republican Kay Ivey was re-elected as lieutenant governor, defeating Democratic challenger James Fields.
– Nikki Haley has won re-election as governor in a race in which she defeated Democrat Vincent Sheheen.
– Republican Governor Bill Haslam was re-elected over Democrat Charles Brown.
– Republican Matt Mead wins governor race over Democrat Pete Gosar.