Woman’s Scarf Catches In Conveyor Belt

SALT LAKE CITY — Authorities say a University of Utah student employee whose scarf got caught in a conveyor belt was taken to the hospital in critical condition.

A statement from the university says the woman was working in a loading area at the campus store when she accidentally dangled her scarf onto the machine.

Officials say the scarf caught in the belt and started to tighten, which constricted her airway.

Fellow employees helped cut her free from the scarf.

Salt Lake City fire spokesman Jasen Asay tells the Deseret News that first responders got the woman breathing again after the Wednesday morning incident, and she was taken to University Hospital.