The people of Provo, Utah, have the highest level of well-being and the folks around Huntington, W.Va., the lowest, at least according to the latest ranking of 189 cities and metropolitan areas from Gallup and Healthways.
The top 10 cities for overall well-being:
1. Provo-Orem, Utah
2. Boulder, Colo.
3. Fort Collins-Loveland, Colo.
5. San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, Calif.
6. Ann Arbor, Mich.
7. Naples-Marco Island, Fla.
8. San Luis Obispo-Paso Robles, Calif.
9. San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, Calif.
10. Lincoln, Neb.
The bottom 10 communities for overall well-being:
180. Evansville, Ind.-Ky.
181. Mobile, Ala.
182. Shreveport-Bossier City, La.
183. Columbus, Ga., Ala.
184. Beaumont-Port Arthur, Texas
185. Hickory-Lenoir-Morganton, N.C.
186. Spartanburg, S.C.
187. Redding, Calif.
188. Charleston, W.Va.
189. Huntington-Ashland, W.Va.-Ky.-Ohio
For more on this story visit: Kim Painter, USA Today