Texas Girl’s Phone Explodes Under Her Pillow

A 13-year-old Texas girl awoke to her Samsung cell phone exploding under her pillow. But the company says she made a mistake they warn users about.

A report by KDFW says that Ariel Tolfree’s Samsung Galaxy S4 exploded, burning a hole through her pillow.

FOX 13 News

”The whole phone melted,” said her dad, Thomas. “The plastic, the glass. You can’t even really tell that it was a phone.”

Tolfree says she fell asleep with her phone under her pillow and she woke up because of a burning smell.

“I didn’t think much of it, so I went back to sleep, and then I woke up again and it was more prominent,” said Tolfree

Her father suspects the phone overheated, causing the battery to swell up and catch fire.