The Bay Area will be lit up with colors and booms this Fourth of July. There are a number of fireworkcelebrations this Tuesday in Hillsborough, Pinellas and surrounding areas.
- Celebrate Independence Day: Celebrate the Fourth of July with live music and entertainment by Southern Train, DJ’s Xplicid and Chris Beastly. Food trucks, face painting, and appearances by Tampa Bay Lightning GIrls, Thunderbug and the Tampa Bay Rays Street Team will all be part of Tampa’s Channel District celebration. Fireworks will go off at 9 p.m. The event is free and will take place at Channelside Bay Plaze, 615 Channelside Drive, Tampa. (813) 345-5885 from 6-10 p.m.
- Fourth of July General Fireworks Cruise (Tampa): Enjoy an American buffet, open call bar, DJ dancing and fireworks on a two hour cruise. Prices start at $119.95, $89.95 for children. The cruise is from 7-9:30 p.m. Yacht StarShip, 603 Channelside Drive, Tampa. (813) 223-7999.
- Fourth of July at the Aquarium: The aquarium will be open for extended hours on Tuesday and will offer front row seats for fireworks, family entertainment and an all-American themed dinner options for purchase. Prices are $24.95, $22.95 seniors, $19.95 for ages 3-12. Florida Aquarium, 701 Channelside Drive, Tampa. (813) 273-4000. 9:30 a.m.- 9:30 p.m.
- Tampa Red, White and Blue Festival: Celebrate red, white and blue on the Riverwalk with live music, Uncle Sam on stilts, face painting, stuffed animal rides, patriotic greyhound petting, watermelon eating contests, photo booth, food court, and more. The event is free. Cotanchobee Fort Brooke Park, 601 Old Water St., Tampa. (813) 447-8538. 5-10 p.m.
- Madeira Beach Fourth of July: Enjoy fireworks over Boca Ciega Bay. Madeira Beach offers some of the best viewing for fireworks and festivities. The event is free at 9:15 p.m. Madeira Beach recreation Complex, 200 Rex Place, Madeira Beach. (727) 392-0665.
- Fourth of July in Downtown St. Petersburg: Fireworks that can be seen from most of the city’s waterfront parks will go off at 9 p.m. Come eariler to enjoy other afternoon activites such as live music, food trucks, children’s activities, face painting and a live broadcast from Q105’s Flash from 5 to 7 p.m. Weather conditions can change firewroks time by 30 minutes to an hour. The event is free from 5-9 p.m. Vinoy Park, 501 Fifth Ave. NE, St. Petersburg. (727) 893-7441.
- Clearwater Celebrates America: The city’s annual Independence Day celebration will kick off at Coachman Park. There will be children’s activities, food, live music by Coachman Park Pops Orchestra with the Wilsons and fireworks between 9 and 9:30 p.m. Free. Coachman Park, 301 Drew St., Clearwater. (727) 562-4700. 4-9:30 p.m.
- Kiafest Main Street Blast: Greater New Port Richey Main Street will have a celebration with music, food, drinks, arts and crafts, classic car cruise-in, games, trolley pull and fireworks. The celebration is free. Sims Park, 5547 Main St., New Port Richey. (727) 842-8066. Noon-11 p.m. on July 1.