Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day Parades And More
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day is full of festivities for everyone to enjoy. Here is a list of parades and events going on in celebration of today.
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day at the Glazer Children’s Museum. There will be fun activities and Georgia Smoothies to salute Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Included with admission: $15, $12.50 military/seniors, $9.50 children, one and under are free. The event runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday.
110 W. Gasparilla Plaza, Tampa
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day Parade Tampa. The 28th parade starts at Cuscaden Park and ends at Middleton High School. The parade will run from noon to 3:30 p.m and is free to the public.
Cuscaden Park, 2900 N. 15th St., Tampa.
- MLK Day Skate. The Skatepark of Tampa is opening early for extra hours of skating to celebrate MLK Day. Admission is free and the doors open at 10 a.m.
4215 E. Columbus Dr., Tampa, FL
- Clearwater Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration. Join in on a march from the North Greenwood Recreation Complex and Pool to Coachman Park with a communal breakfast. The march is from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The breakfast costs $5, $3 for ages 10 and younger.
900 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue, Clearwater.
- Great Explorations Martin Luther King Jr. Day. There will be crafts and kid-friendly events to celebrate the message and life of MLK. The event will run from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event is free with admission: $10-$9, infants under one and under are free.
1925 4th St. N. St. Petersburg.
- MLK Dream Big Parade. This is one of the largest MLK Day parades that will feature Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston as Grand Marshall. The FAMU Rattlers band and the Tuskegee University’s Marching Chrimson Piper Bands return to the parade as it ravels down a new path. The parade will start on Bayshore Drive, along Central Avenue then Dr. Martin Luther King St. before ending at Tropicana Field from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and is free to the public.
Spa Beach, 615 Second Ave. N., St. Petersburg.
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Parade Brooksville. This “Keeping the Dream Alive” parade will have high school bands and grand Marshall Bill Pope Jr. Starting at 10 a.m. the parade will move from Hernando County School Support Complex and go through downtown Brooksville. It is free to the public.
Downtown Brooksville, Main Street, Brooksville
(352) 540-3810Events compiled by Tampa Bay Times.