Starting today, August 1st, new health care provisions kick in that will benefit millions of women.
The new health insurance plans have to cover a bunch of preventive services for women with no out-of-pocket cost to you.
That meansno copays and no deductibles.
The list includes:
– Contraception and sterilization
– An annual “well woman” doctor’s visit
– Breastfeeding support and supplies
– Diabetes screenings during pregnancy
– Domestic violence screening
– Counseling for sexual infections and HIV
– Testing for HPV
This applies to new insurance plans. Most women on existing plans will start getting the benefits on their plan’s renewal date.
The new benefits are part of F
THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT, OR OBAMACARE