Two French officials have top the Paris bureau of the Washington Post that manhunt is underway as police are looking for as many as two suspects who were “directly” involved in the attacks on Friday night. It still isn’t clear whether the people they’re searching could be among the seven who have been arrested in Belgium since Saturday.
At least three people involved in the attacks were brothers and one may be at large, Agence France-Presse was informed from a security source. The Washington Post identifies two brothers as Ibrahim and Salah Abdeslam, both of whom were French nationals who spent years living in Belgium. While one was a suicide bomber, the other one is thought to have helped out with the logistics of the attack.
At least three of the seven attackers who died during the terror rampage were French citizens, according to the Associated Press.
Sunday in Paris was sunny but it was anything but a normal day in the French capital. The city is still reeling after Friday night’s ISIS attacks. As of now France is marking three days of mourning for the 129 people killed in the attacks.
Prime Minister Manuel Valls said most of the bodies had been identified and that the process should be completed in the coming hours.
A special service for the victims, including 350 people wounded and other survivors, is being held at Paris’s Notre Dame Cathedral later on Sunday.
Meanwhile, several Kalashnikovs Russian made machine guns have been found in an abandoned car believed to have been used by some of the Paris attackers, French judicial sources say.
The black Seat car was found in the eastern Paris suburb of Montreuil on Sunday, suggesting some of the attackers got away.
Earlier, the first of the seven dead attackers was named as Ismail Mostefai. Six people close to him are in custody. Two attackers were French nationals living in Belgium, prosecutors said.
In the wake of the attacks France will continue with air strikes against ISIS in Syria, and described the group as a very well-organized enemy.