DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say they’re investigating after the third recent bomb threat at a central Florida Walmart.
The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office reports that its bomb squad responded to the Daytona Beach store just after noon Tuesday. The Daytona Beach News-Journal reports that previous threats had been called in Halloween night and this past Saturday.
Daytona Beach police spokesman Jimmie Flynt says the store’s employees and 300 customers were evacuated for about three hours Tuesday. Bomb techs cleared the scene, and no explosive device was found.
Flynt said store officials believe the person who threatened the store Saturday is the same person who called Tuesday.
No arrests have been made.