Clearwater Kitchen Fire Injures 3

Three people were injured in an early morning fire Monday morning in Clearwater.

It happened at 1:13 a.m. at 2174 N. Hercules Avenue, Apartment A, in unincorporated Clearwater. Deputies say the fire does not appear to be suspicious in nature.

According to detectives, a neighbor, 34-year-old Serleen Roug was first alerted to smoke coming from a neighboring apartment. Roug attempted to alert her neighbor of the fire but received no response. She then entered the neighboring residence and extinguished the fire that was contained to the kitchen stove.

Detectives say that the resident, 29-year-old Taylor Edmund, was found unconscious inside the residence and was transported to Mease Countryside Hospital with life-threatening injuries.

Charley Edwin, 44, and Roug were both transported to Mease Dunedin Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Detectives say that the fire does not appear to be suspicious in nature.

The investigation continues.

SHARE
Blake produces various radio shows at AM 820 News as well as USF Athletics.