Chicken Wings Ignite Fire In Clearwater Apartment

Clearwater Fire & Rescue responded to the Town Place Apartments at 2545 Northeast Coachman Road in Clearwater in response to a fire.

Fire Rescue says Nicholas Dale Hoke, 24, was cooking chicken wings at 4:30 a.m. Wednesday when a fire erupted in the oven. The fire spread to the kitchen, and crews were able to extinguish the blaze.

Crews from Station 48 pulled Hoke from the apartment after he fell asleep with the wings in the oven. He was treated at the scene by paramedics, but declined transport to the hospital.

No other injuries were reported.