Woman Dies From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Tampa man forgot to turn off his car, resulting in the death of his 23-year-old neighbor earlier this month.

Tampa police confirmed on Wednesday that 22-year-old Andrew Grywalski wasn’t distracted and or under the influence of drugs or alcohol when he pulled in the garage at his apartment complex on Sept. 1. They’ve deemed the death of Rebecca Hawk a “tragic accident.”

The St. Petersburg Times reports Grywalski told police his 2001 Mazda 3 is a quiet car, so he thought he had turned if off when he drove home from art class that afternoon.

Officials say Hawk died from carbon monoxide poisoning as she slept. Her 20-year-old roommate, Kashaundra Joyner, was hospitalized.

Police spokeswoman Laura McElroy says Grywalski was devastated to learn Hawk had died.

Source: St. Pete Times, Associated Press

SHARE
News Talk Florida Staff