Tough week at the office and it is time to set back and relax with some quality entertainment. Well we have picked out five items that you should be streaming this week that will give you some quality streaming time.
- Netflix – Bill Nye Saves the World is an outstanding show for the entire family. But don’t think that the good old science guy is just hanging around teaching you stuff. Nope, Nye is funny and not afraid to handle controversial stuff like climate change. But if you want to be entertained and learn something in the process, then give this show a look.
- Amazon Prime Video – American Playboy: The Hugh Hefner Story, would be the opposite of a family series. For many Heff is an old man who wanders around a mansion in Beverly Hills. But the series gives viewers a look at the man who in 1953 had the vision to bring pictures of beautiful women together with great writers to create Playboy magazine. It also shows how he created the Playboy lifestyle.
- Showtime Anytime – Billions, is not new but it really is a show that is worth your time. The good news is that it is in its second season so you have more episodes to catch up on. It’s about a New York U.S. Attorney who wants to make a name for himself by nabbing a billionaire hedge fund manager who also happens to be his wife’s boss. Paul Giamatti plays the U.S. Attorney, Chuck Rhoades, and Damian Lewis is Bobby “Axe” Axelrod, the billionaire who is a self – made man building his empire on the losses suffered by his company on 9/11. It is like a modern day Dallas, there plenty of people to love and to hate.
- Acorn TV – Rake, stars Richard Roxburgh (Moulin Rouge!, Van Helsing) as Cleaver Greene, a brilliant lawyer battling self-destructive tendencies in this hit Australian comedy-drama. As a lawyer, Cleaver prefers to defend those who look like they have no chance of winning but he figures a way to win in the end. This is a fun show and will quickly win you over if liked programs like Boston Legal.
- HBO GO – The Leftovers, are back for season three and if you have not seen this show then shame on you. The Leftovers starts three years after a global event called the “Sudden Departure”, the inexplicable, simultaneous disappearance of 140 million people, 2% of the world’s population. It has cults, strange characters and plenty of plot twists along the way, so check it out.