Five Christmas Movies To Watch Every Year
Christmas is right around the corner and with 80 degree days it’s hard for some Floridians to really feel the winter spirit. Luckily there are many Christmas classics to get the whole family ready for the holidays. Here are five must-watch Christmas movies.
- It’s A Wonderful Life. The 1946 classic stars James Stewart, Donna Reed, Lionel Barrymore and more. When an angel shows a frustrated businessman what life would be like if he didn’t exist George Bailey overcomes thoughts of suicide in this heartwarming holiday movie. It’s A Wonderful Life is usually aired on TV around December, be sure to check your local listings.
- Elf. It seems that anything Will Ferrell stars in is a hit, especially this 2003 hit. Buddy the elf was raised in the North Pole, but after he inadvertently wreaked havoc on the elf community due to his ungainly size he hitches a ride in Santa’s sack to the U.S. Santa allows him to go to New York City where he goes on the search of finding his true identity.
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas. It’s hard to go wrong with a Dr. Seuss classic especially when it stars little Cindy Lou Who. Jim Carrey plays the Grinch who seeks revenge by ruining Christmas for the citizens of Whoville. Cindy Lou Who decides to befriend the Grinch and changes his whole perspective of the season.
- A Christmas Story. It’s hard not to laugh when little Ralphie comes out dressed as a pink bunny. The 1983 classic is centered around Ralphie’s attempts to convince his mom, teacher and Santa that a Red Ryder B.B. gun is the perfect Christmas gift for him.
- The Polar Express. Based on Chris Van Allsburg‘s book, the 2004 movie takes the audience on an adventure of a young boy’s trip to the North Pole via the Polar Express. The movie is full of friendship, bravery and the spirit of holidays.