Breaking News

Woman Burns Herself While Cooking, Sets House On Fire

On April 10, 2014, at approximately 12:26pm, St. Petersburg Fire and Rescue responded to a structure fire at 1601 22nd Street South.

According to fire rescue, when they arrived on scene, they found a fire in the kitchen of the home and the occupant burns on her legs.

Fire investigators found it to be a cooking related fire and the burns were from hot cooking oil that spilled onto the victim and subsequently started the kitchen on fire.

The injuries are not life threatening and the victim has been transported to Bayfront Medical.

Tags: ,