Bacon Sparks Riverview House Fire
Cooking bacon, left unattended, was the cause of a house fire at 11123 Happy Acres Lane in Riverview this morning around 6:47 am. Hillsborough County Fire Rescue crews were able to stop the fire from spreading to nearby homes.
The occupants had functioning smoke alarms and all the occupants were evacuated prior to the fire rescue’s arrival.
There were no injuries reported, although two of the four family dogs were lost in the fire. The American Red Cross was on scene and assisting the family with their displacement.