NewsTalkFlorida.com News

Texas Girl's Phone Explodes Under Her Pillow

A 13-year-old Texas girl awoke to her Samsung cell phone exploding under her pillow. But the company says she made a mistake they warn users about.

A report by KDFW says that Ariel Tolfree's Samsung Galaxy S4 exploded, burning a hole through her pillow.

FOX 13 News

The whole phone melted, said her dad, Thomas. The plastic, the glass. You can't even really tell that it was a phone.

Tolfree says she fell asleep with her phone under her pillow and she woke up because of a burning smell.

I didn't think much of it, so I went back to sleep, and then I woke up again and it was more prominent, said Tolfree

Her father suspects the phone overheated, causing the battery to swell up and catch fire.


our editors