Breaking News

Discarded Cigarette Causes Fire At Tampa Townhouse

fire

At 3:43 this morning Tampa Fire Rescue crews responded to a reported townhouse fire at 506 S. Willow Ave. in Hyde Park.

The 911 caller reported that the top floor of the two-story, multi-unit townhouse was on fire. When the first units arrived they found flames and heavy smoke showing from the rear of one of the structure.

Crews immediately began attacking the fire while other units ensured the structure was evacuated. The fire was knocked down by 3:56.

One person was displaced and other residents of the building will be able to return once venting operations are complete. There were no injuries.

According to the fire marshal, the fire occurred on the exterior wooden porch by improperly discarded smoking material which caused major fire and smoke damage to the exterior wall, attic space and roof assembly.

Damage to the structure and the contents of the unit is estimated to be $85,000.

Tags: ,

Comments are closed.