GTE Financial Presents Black History Festival Feb 22
St. Petersburg, Fla. (February 14, 2014) – The public is invited to the Second Annual Midtown GTE Financial Black History Festival on Saturday, February 22, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the former GTE Federal Credit Union, 2190 18th Ave.S. Celebrating Black History Month, community outreach activities for the day will include:
* Food & beverage vendors;
* Homeowner assistance information;
* Free health screenings;
* African American art;
* Community non-profits; and
* Live entertainment featuring performers from the Arts Conservatory for Teens and Johnny Robinson Productions, a K-9 Unit demonstration and Gospel groups -The Mighty Sons of Zion and the Original Florida Spiritualairs.
GTE Community Financial Center Manager Rob Perry and staff will be on hand to greet attendees and participants. This GTE Community Financial Center has provided financial services to the Midtown community since its grand opening
in December 2009. In addition to three drive-through lanes, a drive-up ATM and lots of free parking, financial services provided include:
* Free checking;
* Savings and investment accounts;
* U22 youth account for ages 12-22;
* Free online banking and bill pay;
* Auto and personal loans; and
* Home loans.
This is another event and business assisted by the city’s Community Services Department in collaboration with the St. Petersburg Greenhouse (formerly Business Assistance Center), Police, Sanitation, Parks and Recreation and the Marketing Departments.
Source: City of St. Petersburg