No Injuries In Juice Bowl Explosion
The Lakeland Fire Department is on the scene of an explosion at Whitlock Packaging, located at 2090 Bartow Rd in Lakeland. According to The Ledger, the explosion was caused by a buildup of natural gas. A 4,000 gallon boiler blew right through the wall and onto railroad tracks outside, according to the paper.
The building used to be a Juice Bowl.
US-98 South was closed between North Crystal Lake and Sylvester Road but reopened around 8:45 a.m. There are no injuries, as all employees were evacuated.
— Bay News 9 (@BN9) September 2, 2014