5 natural ways to whiten your teeth
1. Bananas: To whiten teeth with banana peel is very safe and healthy for teeth as banana peels are a wonderful source of minerals and vitamins. They do not have the abrasiveness that other natural whiteners have and best of all they are inexpensive. Use a ripe banana as it has the most potassium content in it.
Peel from the bottom end as this is how monkeys peel their bananas and it will keep you from having all those loose threads.Take a piece of the inside of the banana peel and gently rub around on your teeth for about 2 minutes.The amazing minerals in the peel like potassium, magnesium and manganese absorb into your teeth and whiten them.
2. Vodka: Here’s the bad breath cure you’ve probably never tried: Order a cocktail with vodka. “Vodka kills bacteria that causes bad breath,” says Irwin Smigel, DDS, creator of SuperSmile, Just make sure to avoid the sugary mixers, which will only aggravate your bad breath.
3. Olive Oil: Just when you thought you heard it all, along comes olive oil to the rescue as a teeth whitener. Some people are attesting to their teeth becoming whiter by applying olive oil to their teeth after they brush. There are two ways you can apply it. Add a few drops to your tooth brush and simple brush it on, or add the olive oil to a corner of a clean wash cloth and rub it on. It can’t hurt to try this natural whitening tip.
4. Strawberries: It has been said that Catherine Zeta Jones whitens her teeth with strawberries. Tyra Banks tried this teeth whitening trick on her show. She simply mashed up about four or five strawberries and rubbed this yummy mixture all over her teeth. Tyra Banks teeth are already really white from having them bleached so you couldn’t really tell any difference. Some people say this works right away. Rinse well afterwards.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar: It makes sense that apple cider vinegar would eventually remove stubborn stains on the teeth, especially from coffee and nicotine. It has been proven that it does work but you have to be consistent and it takes a least a month of continuous usage to see results. Some say that using ACV looks like you just got your teeth professionally cleansed. After brushing with ACV, you will need to brush again with regular toothpaste, preferably a non fluoride paste, or rinse your mouth out really well.
Sources: draxe.com, ehow.com